Saturday, November 21, 2015

Birch Box



signing up for a monthly Birch Box has been the best ten bucks I've spent in a while. it's a lot like getting a Christmas stocking every month filled with fun little pampering treasures. except it's in a well-decorated box that's perfect for holding your stuff.

the summer months' boxes packed more punch for me with lotions for sun-kissed skin and dry shampoos. my November box was a mixed bag for me. the gamble is also part of the fun - not knowing what you're going to get and the bonus of getting products you never knew you needed or loved.


November Birch Box reviews:
Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolute

I'm very picky with scents (I dislike more than I like) but this citrus-y perfume is really clean and fresh smelling.

Philip B Light-Weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse


deep conditioner is something I have a lot of experience with because I have dry, color-treated and very curly hair. most of the time I use deep conditioner for my regular use, not just once a week or occasional use. Philip B packs the punch I need, but my hair wasn't oily or weighed down in the end. thumbs up!


and now the bad news:

Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm
Dr. Lipp was so-so, all in all the consistency is a little sticky for balm. most Birch Box samples are travel size, but this one was SMALL
Temple Spa La La Lagoon Aromatic Shower & Bath Gel.


ZERO lather, but smells nice.


and one not applicable:
bbrowbar brow definer
I literally never need to use a brow liner because I have dark brown eyebrows. I thought about trying it out as an eyeliner but instead I made a trade with a girlfriend (another fun thing about Birch Box - tradesies).




No comments:

Post a Comment