Thursday, December 31, 2015

December

what Christmas is all about:)



just when I was ready to hibernate and settle in for a long winter's nap, here I am back to feeling like myself again. for THREE weeks, almost all of December, I have been sick and miserable starting with my first experience of migraines leading to a terrible cold and a major pity party (there was a band and everything).

Christmas still managed feel like the holidays and it was great: lots of amazing food, relaxing, family, fireplace crackling, snow! (only for 15 minutes but it was there), eggnog, classic movies and Nat King Cole. I’m also looking forward to what's next: 2016. I really love beginnings. between the coming new year, and getting over my head exploding and the death-cold I really feel a newness coming that I quite like. It’s like a snake shedding its skin, and I feel I'm ready to do so many things or to do things differently and whether I do or not, that doesn’t matter. I don’t let it turn into let-downs; the newness is just too good to let it turn into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment